Who We Are
About Homeless Care CLG
Homeless Care is a charity set up in Naas in December2014 to provide care and facilities for young adults primarily in the age bracket 18 to 25 years old who have been in State Care and now find themselves Homeless.
The initiative to form Homeless Care was inspired by hearing Paula Mc Hale, a Social Care Worker working in the Naas area with young homeless adults, on national radio in August 2014. Paula with over twenty years’ experience working in the care system, has worked in the Naas area since 2013 providing a service for 15 to 20 young homeless.
Following on from Paula’s radio interview, a group of Naas business people set up Homeless Care Ltd. with a view to providing facilities and training for young homeless adults out of State care to enable them to reintegrate within the community.
Homeless Care CLG (HC-CLG) was incorporated in December 2014 and in June 2015 achieved Charitable Status (CHY21475) and Approved Housing Status. In August 2015 an initial submission was mas made to the Department of the Environment and Local Government (DoELG) for Capital Assistance Scheme (CAS) Funding which was approved in principle in February 2016.
In October 2016 HC-CLG purchased an old farmhouse and outbuildings on 5.5acres on the outskirts of Naas with a view to converting the farmhouse to offices, care worker facilities, meeting rooms and communal areas and to converting the outbuildings to twelve studio apartments. It is intended that these facilities will be provided for young homeless adults to provide a comprehensive residential care based programme, over a defined period, to facilitate the transition from state care to interdependent living thereby minimising the homeless problem in Kildare.
A multidisciplinary team has been appointed by HC-CLG for the conversion of the property and an application for planning is targetted for September 2017 with construction under way in mid 2018.
HC-CLG will grant a licence to an established homeless charity for the running of the facility in accordance with HCL-CLG and funder criteria.
“Homeless Care Ltd intends to provide a comprehensive residential based, care programme to facilitate the transition from state care to interdependent living within the community, thereby minimising the homeless problem in Co. Kildare”
- MD of John Cradock Ltd,
- Directors of Jons Civil Engineering / John Cradock J.V. Ltd.
- Director of CGMR Developments Ltd,
- Former President of Civil Engineering Contractors Association
- Trustee of Construction Industry Federation
- Former Underwriter FBD Insurance Company (1977-1979)
- Branch Manager Naas Office FBD (1979-2011)
- Former Trustee FBD Group Defined Pension Scheme
- Founder Member Naas Chamber of Commerce
- Former Managing Director Arthur Guinness & Son (Dublin)
- Former Deputy Managing Director, Diageo Ireland
- Former President, CIMA Ireland Division
- Former President, Dublin Chamber of Commerce
- Former Chairman, Coombe Hospital
- Committee Member, Top Level Appointments Committee
Former Plant Director Ascon Ltd
Director Osberstown Developments Ltd
- Chairman of Eir
- CEO of the ESB